Saturday, January 23, 2010

H1N1, Captain Trips and the Swine Flu

H1N1, Captain Trips and the Swine Flu
Hello All,

As a frequent reader of my posts you will know that I have been highly suspect of the media fueled swine flu epidemic and have written about it on my blog a few times. My most recent is: http://fortoblog.com/2009/04/30/the-...swine-flu.aspx

On Monday, I thought how could I go wrong: go to Walgreens and pay 18 bucks for the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine. 18 bucks is a lot better than missing countless days at work if and when I come down with the dreaded flu right?

How wrong could I have been? I have been laying in bed since Monday night with the worst case of the flu that I have ever seen. It hit me like a brick wall at 8:15 pm and I haven't been the same since. Let me put it this way, have you ever seen the Dumb and Dumber movie when Harry has to use the restroom in the fancy bathroom in Aspen.... I know that analogy was not politically correct but neither is the government saying that "systemic side-effects" rarely occur.

For this 18 dollar vaccine that I thought would keep me from getting the flu has now cost me at least three days of productive work and countless contacts with my clients. I guess you could look at it this way, just how bad would have the flu really been if I hadn't gotten the vaccine in the first place? I guess thats why 16,000 people have died from it already.

Your thoughts on what you think of the swine flu and its vaccine? Lets keep the discussion alive!

Regards,

Robert Forto, PhD
Denver Dog Works
http://www.robertforto.com

No comments: